Another busy week in paradise!

Another busy week in paradise!
Will at work on his school project

Friday, May 9, 2008

It's been a busy (and tiring) week so I have missed out on 'blogging.' To catch up a bit, Will showed up last weekend for our normal visitation weekend with three cans of spray paint in hand saying that he needed to build a "bomb" or "rocket" for a school project over the weekend! That was not something I had figured into our busy weekend plans! However, on Sunday, while Sol and his buddy, Nick, went swimming and practiced driving (without asking permission!)--around our yard (don't tell Joe!), Will spent some time building a rocket. (I hope to hear that he made the grade!)
We did enjoy a fun-filled weekend with Sol and Will's friend Nick visiting. Will had been wanting to go see the movie "Ironman" so we did--Saturday night--while my hubby stayed home to study for Sunday school (at least, that's what he told me--ha! Really, though, he is teaching this quarter.) Anyway, it was a really good movie, I thought, but did you know that it cost $9 a ticket now?! I guess it has been awhile since we went to the full-price movie--normally we try to make the last matinee --the cheaper movie time!
The tiring part of the week was from the work atmosphere--very busy phones this week--well, it is almost always "busy" but it was unusually so this week. Our bankers here, who are in the bond-selling business, sold a 500 million dollar bond deal this week--which is huge by any standard but especially in the bond business! (From what I understand, that was the biggest bond deal in the country being sold that day!! Pretty cool, huh?!) Well, let me just say, I felt it! I was in bed and asleep every night by or before 9:00! Anyway, as they say, T.G.I.F.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Magnolia Sun said...

Glad you made to Friday, hopefully you will have a relazing weekend.

Sandy said...

I love seeing your boys...driving around without permission ... just like a boy! Looks like a nice weekend. I haven't been to a movie in forever. I think the last time I went it was $7 or so.